- Cod1 1/2 Pounds
- Salsa1 Cups
- Cheddar cheese1 Cupsshredded; sharp
- Corn chips1/2 Cupscoarsely crushed
- Avocado1peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Sour Cream1/4 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F.
2) Generously grease a baking dish (8 x 12) with oil or cooking spray.
3) Rinse the fish fillets with cold water and then pat them dry with paper towels.
4) Arrange all the fillets in the greased baking dish, one after the other.
5) Pour a cup of salsa over the noodles and spread cheese over it evenly. Finally add crushed corn chips.
6) Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes so that the fish can be flaked with a fork. Do make sure that the fish is quite opaque.
7) Top the Mexican baked fish with sour cream and avocado slices.
8) Serve the Mexican baked fish with rice.
Fish is such a meat that is suggested by most of the nutritionists – because it’s quite a healthy option as compared to red meat. Chefs have a number of ways to cook it and I have brought you a great one too. Mexican Baked Fish is one of those recipes that can be prepared quite easily – I would suggest the new chefs to try the recipe again and again to master their cooking skills. You may serve it hot or warm. Mostly it is served with rice, but you can also try serving it with tortillas or black beans. Get to prepare this delicious fish in just about half an hour.