- Black Cod Fillets2
- Brown Sugar1 Tablespoons
- Sake2 Tablespoons
- Mirin2 Tablespoons
- Water2 Tablespoons
- White Miso Paste3 Tablespoons
1) Set up the oven rack at about 5-7 inches distance from the baking oven’s broiler.
2) Layer up aluminum foil on a baking sheet and grease it.
3) Take a bowl and mix together brown sugar, sake, mirin, water and miso paste.
4) Heat up the prepared mixture in a skillet over moderate flame. Heat until creamy, this should hardly take 2 minutes.
5) Set up the Cod fillets on the aluminum layered baking sheet.
6) Coat the fillets thorougly with the cooked miso mixture. Leave for 20 minutes time.
7) Place the baking sheet in the oven rack and broil for about 10 minutes time.
This Miso Glazed Black Cod is a legendary classic from Chef Nobu Matsuhisa. In addition to the stunning and irrestable flavors and texture, the dish is one of the easiest in the world of fish. The sauce barely takes a few minutes to be prepared and all you're left with is coating and broiling. Way to go!