- Onions100 Grams
- Ginger1 Teaspoonschoppped
- Tomatoes70 Grams
- White Button Mushrooms200 Grams
- Curd4 Tablespoons
- Oil3 Tablespoons
- Cumin Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Tej Patta2
- Black Cardamom1
- Green Cardamom2
- Mace Strand1
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder1 Teaspoons
- Water1 1/2 Cups
- Qasuri Methi1/2 Teaspoons
- Coriander Leaves2 Tablespoonschopped
- Saltto taste
1) Rinse the mushrooms and cut off a bit from the base stalk.
2) Slice the mushrooms and set them aside.
3) Add a cup of chopped onions in the blender along with a teaspoon each of chopped garlic and ginger.
4) Blend the ingredients without adding any water in the blender.
5) Transfer the mixture to a bowl with a spoon and set the bowl aside.
6) Add half a cup of tightly packed chopped tomatoes in a blender jar and make a puree of them. Set aside the tomato puree.
7) Place 4 tbsp of fresh curd in a bowl and beat well so that it becomes smooth. Set aside the whisked curd.
8) Pour 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add half a teaspoon of cumin seeds, 2 tej patta, one ½-inch cinnamon stick, a coup of green and a black cardamom, a strand of mace, and 3 cloves.
9) Saute the spices in the oil so that they give their aroma.
10) Reduce the heat to low and add ginger-garlic paste in it. Stir well.
11) Continue to cook until the paste turns quite thick. Mix well until the paste turns golden in color. Add a pinch of salt.
12) Add tomato puree and mix well. Add quarter a teaspoon of turmeric powder along with half a teaspoon of red chili powder and a teaspoon of coriander powder.
13) Stir well and saute until the oil releases from the curry.
14) Now add mushroom slices in the mixture. Then add beaten yogurt and mix well again.
15) Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add ¾ cup water in the curry.
16) Season the curry with salt and mix well again.
17) Place a lid over the pan and cook the curry for about 20 minutes on low heat so that the mushrooms are well cooked.
18) Add half a teaspoon of qasuri methi along a couple of tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
19) Transfer the mushroom curry to serving bowl and serve with chapatti or rice.
Mostly served with chapatti or rice, mushroom curry is one of those curries that are quite simple to prepare. The recipe features white button mushrooms that are cooked in spiced up gravy. The great thing is that you can cook it in just about 50 minutes or so if you are good at handling ingredients.