- All purpose flour1 3/4 Cups
- Granulated sugar2 1/4 Cups
- Cocoa powder3/4 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Baking powder1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Baking soda1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Canola oil1/2 Cups
- Milk1 Cups
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- Anisette liqueur2 Tablespoons
- Heavy cream1 1/2 Cups
- Confectioners' sugar1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Mini chocolate chips1/3 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Lightly grease two round cake pans (9-inch) with butter.
3) Place two round pieces of parchment paper on top of it.
4) Now lightly butter the parchment paper and dust it well with flour. Set aside the pans.
5) Put some water in a small saucepan and bring it over medium heat and allow it to boil.
6) Mix flour, 2 cup of granulated sugar, salt, ¾ cup of cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
7) Add oil, anisette liqueur, eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat it well using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
8) Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add a cup of boiling water.
9) Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
10) Bake the batter for about 35 minutes, until a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
11) Place the pans on a cooling rack and allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes.
12) Transfer the cakes to the wire racks and allow it to cool completely.
1) Place heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar in a small sized bowl beat it well using an electric mixer until you can see soft peaks.
2) Add the remaining granulated sugar and cocoa powder in the bowl. Beat well until the ingredients are well incorporated.
1) Place a layer of the cake on a serving plate or a cake stand.
2) Apply one-third of the frosting over the layer.
3) Now sprinkle the layer with half of the chocolate chips.
4) Now place the second layer on top of the first one and repeat the above mentioned procedure.
5) Apply the remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the cake.
6) Refrigerate the cake until you intend to serve it.
It is one of my favorite chocolate and creams cakes. I tried this recipe the time I got tired of the traditional desserts served either at home by my mom or at a cake shop. On an afternoon, I decided to spend some time in kitchen, preparing this creamy cake. It is too tasty that you would love the cake truly.