- Self raising flour300 Grams
- Muscovado Sugar300 Grams
- Mixed spice3 Teaspoons
- Bicarbonate of soda2 Teaspoons
- Sultanas175 Grams
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter200 Gramsmelted
- Orange zestfrom one orange
- Pumpkin500 Grams
- Soft cheese200 Grams
- Softened butter85 Grams
- Icing sugar100 Gramssifted
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2) Use baking parchment to lightly grease and line a baking tin or a roasting tin (30 x 20 cm).
3) Take a large bowl and put flour, sultanas, salt, bicarbonate of soda, spice, and sugar in it.
4) Mix the ingredients well until they are well combined.
5) Add eggs into melted butter and beat the mixture well.
6) Add juice and orange zest to the eggs and mix it well.
7) Once it gets well mixed, add it to the flour mixture.
8) Mix it well so that the ingredients are well combined.
9) Now add pumpkin to it and mix it well.
10) Transfer the batter to the tin.
11) Bake it for about half an hour. Make sure that the top turns golden and the crust feels spring upon touching.
1) Put cheese, icing sugar, orange zest, 1 tsp juice, and cheese in a bowl.
2) Beat it well using an electric beater until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
3) Refrigerate the bowl.
4) Cool the cake for 5 minutes.
5) Transfer the cake to a wire rack.
6) Make holes on top of the cake using a skewer.
7) Spread rest of the juice on top of the cake.
8) Allow the cake to cool completely.
9) Trim the edges of the cake if you think it is required to do so.
10) Beat the frosting a bit so that it becomes a bit loose.
11) Use a palette knife to apply the frosting over top of the cake. Be creative! Spread the frosting in swirls and peaks.
12) In case you want to eat the cake at a later time, refrigerate it (You can store it in the refrigerator for about 3 days if it is covered with a foil).
13) Take it out of the fridge half hour before you need to serve it.
14) Cut it into pieces. Serve!
Here I have given one of my unique recipes of cake. It is my favorite pumpkin cake. I have always been a fan of pumpkins. With an urge to come up with some original recipes, I tried to make this cake at home. Upon serving my friends, I found that the cake is too tasty to water everyone’s mouth.