- Papaya2small and ripe
- Cashew yogurt2 Cups
- Cardamom5 Pods
- Ice cubes4optional
- Sugarto taste
1) Fill a basin with water.
2) Add papaya in the basin and rinse them well.
3) Peel the fruit using a sharp knife.
4) Remove all the seeds from the fruit and chop it into small bite-sized pieces.
5) Add papaya, sugar, and cardamom powder in the blender.
6) Blend the ingredients for about 2 minutes or until the ingredients become well-mixed.
7) Add yogurt and ice cubes in the blender.
8) Blend again until the mixture becomes smooth. You can add a cup of water if you think that the drink is too concentrated.
9) Put 3 ice cubes in tall serving glasses and pour the drink over them.
10) Garnish the drink with small pieces of papaya and serve the drink chilled.
A refreshing and aromatic drink, papaya lassi is a popular version of the traditional lassi. After mango lassi, papaya lassi is the most loved drink in India. Cardamom not only gives a great aroma to the drink, but also inculcates Vitamin A in the drink.
I have included cashew yogurt in the drink instead of the regular dairy yogurt. The reason is that cashew yogurt is more sweet and creamy than the regular one, and gives a good base to the beverage.