- Tomatoes6large; ripe
- Red or White Onion1/4 Cupschopped
- Garlic1 Cloveschopped
- Red Pepper Flakes1/4 Teaspoons
- Dried Basil and Dried Oregano1/4 TeaspoonsItalian Seasoning
- Sugar1 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1/8 Teaspoonsground
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
1) Blanch the tomatoes and remove the seeds from them.
2) Rinse the tomatoes in clean water.
3) Pour water in a saucepan and bring it over medium heat.
4) Add tomatoes in the water and boil for about 3 minutes.
5) Turn off the heat and transfer the tomatoes to cold water for about 2 minutes.
6) Transfer them to a plate.
7) Peel them off, cut into halves, and remove their stems.
8) Place the mixture in a blender and blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
1) Pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan and bring the saucepan to medium heat.
2) Add chopped pieces of garlic and onion in it.
3) Bring the saucepan over medium so that the onions become translucent.
4) Pour the mixture in the tomato puree along with a piece of carrot.
5) Mix it well and cook it for about 7 minutes over medium heat. Make sure that you stir it well so that it doesn’t stick.
6) Add oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes in it.
7) Using a spatula, stir it well and allow it cook for about 10 minutes so that the sauce becomes thick.
8) Add sugar, salt, and black pepper in it.
9) Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
10) Remove the carrot piece, turn off the stove, and transfer the sauce to the serving bowl.
Tomato Pasta Sauce is especially made to give a great taste to Tomato Pasta. You can also use it with nacho, and also as a spread for Pizza. You need to adjust basil and oregano according to taste.