- Italian Bread2 Slices
- Butter1 Tablespoonssoftened
- Pesto Sauce1 Tablespoonsprepared and divided
- Provolone Cheese1 Slices
- Tomato2 Slices
- American Cheese1 Slices
1) Spread butter on a single side of a bread slice and place it in a non-stick skillet in such a way that the buttered side is facing downwards.
2) Bring the skillet over medium heat and apply half of the pesto sauce over the bread slice.
3) Top the slice with a slice of cheese, a couple of tomato slices, and then a slice of American cheese.
4) Now apply the other half of the pesto sauce on a single side of the second bread slice and then place it onto the sandwich in such a way that the side with pesto sauce faces downwards.
5) Now apply butter on top side of the sandwich.
6) Fry the sandwich generously for about 5-10 minutes and do flip it in between so that both the sides turn golden brown in color and the cheese gets melted.
7) Serve these sandwiches as an afternoon snack or as an appetizer in parties.
These grilled sandwiches are so delicious that I would love to enjoy them daily as an afternoon snack. Pesto Sauce is the special ingredient to make these delicious sandwiches which can be well served as an appetizer. If you are too health conscious, you may try replacing Italian bread with brown bread.