- Tomato Slices8
- Provolone Cheese4 slices
- Pastrami1 PoundsSliced
- Italian Bread8 slices
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying4 Cups
- Russet Potatoes3
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Cabbage3 CupsShredded
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- White Sugar2 Tablespoons
- Abodo Seasoning1 Teaspoons
1) Take a bowl and add cabbage to it. Add vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, black pepper and abodo seasoning. Mix well and refrigerate covered.
2) Prepare a deep fryer with hot oil.
3) Slice up the potatoes into fries shapes and fry in the hot deep fryer until golden. This should take about 5 minutes. Leave aside.
4) Prepare the baking oven and flame it up to the 115 degree Celsius mark.
5) Layer up the bread on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for a few minutes or until slightly brown.
6) Set aside half of the breaed slices. Top the remaining slices with 1 quarter of the pastrami and the provolone cheese.
7) Bake for 5 more minutes in the oven or until the cheese is molten.
8) Top the baked cheesy slices with fries, coleslaw, tomato and the remaining slices of toasted bread.
These sandwiches are just out of this world. Beautiful stuff. Pittsburgh Sandwich Recipe are vintage Pittsburgh sandwiches, and you wont find them anywhere else! However, heres a simple and easy way to make these awesome sandwiches are home. Just like the original ones served in Pittsburgh! Enjoy!