- Garlic2 Cloves
- Olive Oil6 Tablespoons
- Thyme1/2 Teaspoonsdried
- Balsamic Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Pepperto taste
- Portobello mushroom caps4large
- Hamburger Bans4
- Capers2 Tablespoons
- Mayonnaise1/4 Cups
- Lettuce Leaves4
1) Turn on the broiler and adjust the rack quite near to the heat source.
2) Place garlic in a mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, thyme, and olive oil in it. Mix everything well so that the mixture becomes smooth.
3) Place all the mushroom caps in a baking pan, making sure that their bottom side faces upwards.
4) Now brush the caps with half of the dressing.
5) Place the baking pan in the broiler and cook the brushed mushroom caps for about 5 minutes.
6) Turn over the caps and then brush them with the remaining half of the dressing.
7) Place the caps again in the broiler and broil for another 4 minutes.
8) Generously toast the buns in a toaster.
9) Place capers in a bowl and add mayonnaise in it.
10) Now spread this capers-mayonnaise mixture over the lightly toasted buns.
11) Add mushroom caps over the mixture and then add lettuce and tomato.
12) Top the assembly with another bun and place the burgers on the serving plate.
13) Serve these delicious Portobello sandwiches with a salad and any of your favorite sauces.
It’s always great to have sandwiches, isn’t it? These Portobello sandwiches are quite easy to prepare and you can get them ready in just about 20 minutes or so. Garlic, thyme, lettuce, tomato, and mushroom are such ingredients that add a lot of health and taste to these sandwiches. You need to adjust the amount of salt and pepper according to taste. Serve these sandwiches as a perfect appetizer.