- Gold Potatoes4
- Cornmeal1 Tablespoons
- Basil Pesto sauce1 Cupsprepared
- Pizza dough1 1/2 Pounds
- Black pepperto taste
- Saltto taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese1 Cupsfinely grated
- Fontina cheese6 Ouncesshredded
- Red onion1/2thinly sliced
- Feta cheese4 Ouncescrumbled
1) Preheat the oven to 220 C or 425 F.
2) Scrub the potatoes and then dry them.
3) Prick the potatoes more than several times using a fork.
4) Place the potatoes onto a baking sheet.
5) Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes so that the potatoes become easy to be pierced with the help of a fork.
6) Remove the potatoes from the oven.
7) Allow the potatoes to cool down.
8) Once cool, cut them into slices, making sure that each slice is about ¼ inches thick.
9) Sprinkle a half sheet pan with cornmeal.
10) Stretch the pizza dough over cornmeal so as to fit the pan.
11) Spread pesto sauce over the dough.
12) Lay the potatoes over the pesto in a single layer.
13) Sprinkle salt and pepper according to your taste.
14) Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the potatoes.
15) Sprinkle Fontina Cheese, feta cheese, and red onion slices on top of it.
16) Place the rack on bottom of the oven.
17) Bake the dough in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
18) Transfer the pan to the middle rack.
19) Bake it for another 5 to 7 minutes, so that the crust becomes crisp and light golden in color.
20) Cut the pizza into wedges and serve it!
This pesto feta pizza is prepared with delicious potatoes. You can create variety by adding onions, tomatoes, feta, and many other healthy ingredients. The pizza should be browned properly and make sure that the cheese is spread all of its corners evenly. This is mandatory otherwise the taste of pizza may be compromised. One large potatoes pizza serves 10 persons easily.