- Brown lentils3/4 Cupsrinsed, strained and picked through
- Vegetable broth1 3/4 Cupslow-sodium
- Olive oil2 Teaspoonsextra-virgin
- Red onion1large; finely chopped and half thinly sliced
- Lemon juicefrom 1/2 lemon
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh baby spinach8 Ounces
- Garlic2 Cloveslarge; minced
- Black pepperfreshly ground
- Cumin1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Breadcrumbs1 Cupswhole-wheat
- Walnuts1/2 Cupstoasted and finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- Vegan hamburger buns6whole-grain
- Red bell peppers and Spicy Mustardoptional; for serving
3) Heat for about half an hour, until the lentils become soft and the liquid gets well absorbed.
4) Transfer the lentils to a medium sized bowl and add a tablespoon of broth to it.
5) Mash well using a potato masher and set the bowl aside.
6) Pour oil in non-stick skillet of large size and bring it to medium heat.
7) Add lemon juice, quarter a teaspoon of salt, and lemon juice.
8) Stir it well for about 6 minutes until it becomes soft.
9) Add garlic, one and a half teaspoon of black pepper, spinach, and cumin. Stir the mixture for about 3 minutes so that the spinach is wilted.
10) Add walnuts, spinach mixture, ¾ teaspoon salt, and breadcrumbs to the lentils. Mix thoroughly.
11) Cover the mixture and place it in the refrigerator for about 60 minutes (refrigerating overnight is a better option).
12) Preheat the grill to medium.
13) Transform the mixture into six patties (4-inch each). Apply a light coat of cooking spray on each side.
14) Grill the patties for about 3 minutes or until nice grill marks are formed on the patties.
15) Place the patties in the buns along with sliced onions and any other topping you like such as sliced tomatoes.
Ready to serve!
It is a flavorful and creamy cake. It has lots of moist and dense looking cheeses and butters. The cake tastes very nice. It is rich and nutty with sweet whipping cream added on all of its sides. Trust me this is going to be a top notch experience for you. Serve your family this cake confidently. They will surely admire you.