- Onion1/2 Cupsfinely chopped
- Garlic2 Clovesminced
- Creole seasoned sausage1/2 Poundscut into small pieces
- Red Beans2 Cupssoaked overnight and drained
- Water1 Quarts
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepperto taste
- Hot Cooked Rice4 Cups
1) Place onion in a slow cooker and add sausage and garlic in it. Mix them well.
2) Add beans in the cooker and mix well.
3) Then add water along with salt and pepper (according to taste).
4) Cover the cooker and bring it over low heat.
5) Cook the mixture for about 450 minutes. (If you want to cook it over high heat, then you need to cook for about 210 to 240 minutes).
6) Take about quarter a cup of beans from the cooker and mash them well until the beans are quite smooth.
7) Now add the beans back to the slow cooker.
8) Cook the mixture for another half an hour over low heat. (Do cook for 15 minutes over high heat).
9) Transfer the beans to the serving bowl and serve the red beans with rice. Certainly the perfect lunch!
Red beans are quite popular in most parts of the world and are mostly served with plain rice. Onion and garlic are combined with red beans to give you the just perfect taste. You need to be quite patient as the red beans take quite a time to get ready – but I assure you that the taste is just perfect.