- Onion1/2 Cupsfinely chopped
- Garlic2 Clovesminced
- Creole seasoned sausage1/2 Poundscut into small pieces
- Red Beans2 Cups
- Water1 Quarts
- Kosher Salt and Pepperto taste
- Cooked Rice4 Cups
1) Add 2 cups of red beans in water and let them soak for about 8 hours to overnight.
2) Chop onion into fine pieces; make sure you have a cup of chopped onions.
3) Place the chopped onion in a slow cooker and add seasoned sausage and minced garlic in it.
4) Then add the soaked red beans in the slow cooker and add a quart of water.
5) Add salt and pepper according to taste.
6) Cover the cooker and cook the mixture over low heat for about seven hours and 30 minutes so that the beans are well cooked (Cook for about 4 hours over high heat).
7) Take out quarter a cup of beans from the slow cooker and mash them well until they become smooth.
8) Add the mashed beans back to the cooker.
9) Cook the mixture for another half an hour over low heat.
10) Transfer the cooked red beans to the serving bowl and serve them with a cup of plain rice.
Slow cookers have such a perfect taste that they always add a glory to my weekends. Slow Cooker Red Beans is another example of slow cooker recipes. Cooked along seasoned sausage, garlic, and onion, red beans give an amazing taste if served over cooked rice. Do prepare it on weekends and enjoy a perfect meal.