- Unsalted butter1 1/4 Cups
- All purpose flour1/3 Cups
- Bittersweet chocolate16 Ounceschopped
- Sugar1 Cups
- Kosher Salt1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Powdered Sugar1/4 Cups
- Red Wine1/2 Cups
1) Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2) Lightly grease a baking pan with butter and also flour it lightly.
3) Heat sugar, a cup of butter, and chocolate in a bowl (must be heatproof) over a water bath.
4) Stir the mixture for about 3 minutes until the chocolate is completely melted.
5) Remove it from heat.
6) Stir again until the chocolate is melted completely.
7) Add eggs to the chocolate mixture, one after the other, and beat the mixture after you add each egg using an electric mixture.
8) Beat the mixture until it has a mousse-like form.
9) Reduce the speed of the beater and add flour (1/3 cup) and salt.
10) Mix it until it becomes smooth.
11) Scrape butter into prepared pans and smooth its top.
12) Bake it in the oven for about 60 minutes until the top of the cake is firm its edges are a bit dark in color. Do check if a teaser poked in the center of the cake comes out clean. If so is the case, you have baked it well.
13) Transfer the pan to a wire rack.
14) Allow the cake to cool in the pan before you take it out of the pan.
15) Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cake cool completely in pan before turning out.
1) Put butter, chocolate, salt, and butter in a heatproof bowl.
2) Set it over a water bath.
3) Stir it over the heat for about 5 minutes until the chocolate and butter are fully melted.
4) Add powdered sugar and beat it well.
5) Add red wine in a saucepan and bring it over to heat.
6) Remove chocolate mixture from heat and add wine to it.
7) Let it cool for about 10 minutes until it becomes thick (To test it, run a rubber spatula through it and see if it leaves a trail in the mixture when you stir it).
1) Set the cake over a wire rack.
2) Pour the glaze over the cake.
3) Apply it over the edges and top of the cake with a spatula.
4) Let it be at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours until the glaze becomes set.
5) You can also prepare the cake 48 hours ahead of the day you intend to serve it. In such a case, glaze the cake and keep it in the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature before you serve it.
I have always been in love with red wines. The truth is there are many individuals who love it because of its flavorful and amazing taste of grapes. Now this is my turn to share with you a wonderful recipe. Yes, I am talking about the red wine cake recipe. The cake is very tasty to water your mouth.