- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Prociutto1.5 Ounces
- Garlic1 ClovesChopped
- Arborio Rice1 Cups
- Red Wine1 Cups
- Beef Stock3 Cups
- Arugula1/2 Cups
- Parmesan Cheese1/3 CupsGrated
- Thyme1 TablespoonsChopped
- Black PepperTo Taste
Steps to make Red Wine Risotto Recipe:
1) Heat up olive oil in a large pot over moderate flame.
2) Add prosciutto and fry until the edges start curling and the fat is going.
3) Add in the shallots and stir fry for a couple minutes.
4) Now add in the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
5) Throw in the mushrooms and stir fry with the mixture for half a minute.
6) Add the rice to the mixture. Stir well and fry the rice for a couple of minutes.
7) Stir in red wine, bit by bit, stirring well all along. Cook until the wine is well absorbed.
8) Add in 1 cup of broth. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
9) Repeat Step 8 until the rice is tender and all broth has been absorbed.
10) Add thyme, black pepper, Parmesan Cheese and arugula. Mix and heat through for 2 minutes. Serve hot!
This Red Wine Risotto Recipe is a super alternative to the classic risotto dishes. For those who love wine flavors in their dishes, they are going to enjoy this dish! Not very hard to make and takes just 40 minutes to prepare. Id say its worth a try if you're looking for something new!