- Brown Rice Pasta16 Ounces
- Frozen Peas10 Ounces
- Fresh Spinach2 Cupschopped
- Salmon14 3/4 Ouncesdrained and flaked
- Italian-style salad dressing8 Ounces
- Carrots1/2 Cups
- Red Cherry Tomatoes3/4 Cups
- Yellow Cherry Tomatoes3/4 Cups
- Cilantro1/4 Cups
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoons
- Jalapeno Pepper1/2
1) Pour generously salted water in a large pot and bring it over heat; let the water come to a rolling boil.
2) Add pasta in the pot and bring the pot back to heat; let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Cook pasta for about 12 minutes so that it’s well cooked; however, it must be firm upon biting; do stir well.
4) Add chopped spinach and frozen peas in the pot when the pasta is just about to cook.
5) Transfer the pasta, spinach, and the peas to a colander.
6) Then put back the pasta, spinach, and peas to the pot.
7) Add salad dressing and salmon in the pot and mix well until the mixture is well mixed.
8) Place the pot in a refrigerator for about 20 minutes so that the salad is well chilled.
9) Add lemon juice, chopped carrots, avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes in the bowl.
10) Garnish the rice salmon salad with jalapenos and serve.
I think of so many ways of using brown rice pasta – I discussed it with my friends and he told me to use it in a salmon salad. Initially, the idea didn’t appeal me, but then I decided to try the recipe on a weekend. The taste was so amazing that it left everybody craving for more. Paul used to try the recipe with wheat, but I decided to do it with brown rice pasta; and he said that brown pasta gave a better taste. Spinach, salmon, avocado, and tomatoes give this salad the taste you have always looked for. Do chill it well before you serve this amazing salad. The great thing is that you can come up with this amazing salad in just about an hour.