- Butter25 Tablespoonsunsalted; softened
- All purpose flour1 1/2 Cups
- Cornstarch3 Tablespoons
- Baking soda1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Granulated Sugar1 1/2 Cups
- Eggs3large; whole
- Sour cream1/2 Cups
- Vanilla extract2 Teaspoons
- Strawberries1 Pounds
- Powdered sugar1 1/2 Pounds
- Cream Cheese8 Ounces
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Lightly grease a round cake pan (8-inch) with butter and flour it too.
3) Place flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch in a bowl and mix well.
4) Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer (having a paddle attachment) and add one and a half cup of the granulated sugar to it. Beat well until it becomes foamy and light.
5) Add eggs, one after the other, and beat well after you make each addition.
6) Add vanilla and sour cream to it and mix well until the ingredients are incorporated.
7) Add the flour mixture and beat well on low speed.
8) Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
9) Bake it for about 50 minutes.
10) Transfer the cakes to cooling rack and allow it to cool.
11) Halve the strawberries and mash them.
12) Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the strawberries. Allow them to sit for about 30 minutes.
1) Place cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, and butter in a bowl and mix well until it becomes fluffy.
2) Divide the cake in 2 parts and spread the strawberries over the cake halves.
3) Pour juices over the strawberries.
4) Place the cake layers in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
5) Spread one-third of frosting over a cake layer.
6 )Place another layer on top of it and frost it too.
7) Garnish the cake with strawberries.
The heaviness and denseness of this extra cheese and cream cake would make you realize that it is a very nice and healthy dessert to try at home. This is one of my favorite homemade cakes. It is too yummy and easy to make that I never feel tired to spend some time in my kitchen. Love to serve it to my little ones and husband.