- Pine Nuts1 Cups
- Hazelnuts1 Cups
- Almonds1 Cups
- Cashews1 Cups
- Walnuts1 Cups
- Chestnuts1 Cups
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Garlic1 ClovesChopped
- Parsley1 TeaspoonsChopped
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Fresh Mushrooms1.5 CupsSliced
- Butter1 Teaspoons
- Rice1 Cups
- White WineAs Needed
- Vegetable Stock5 Cups
Steps to make Risotto with Nuts Recipe:
1) Prepare the baking oven and flame it up to the 195 degree Celsius mark.
2) Set up walnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts on a baking dish.
3) Bake the nuts in the preheated oven until roasted. Give 5 minutes to this process.
4) Once the nuts are done being roasted, crush them up.
5) Fill a stock pot with water and bring to a boil over high flame.
6) Add the crushed nuts to the water and turn the flame down to moderate. Boil for 10 minutes.
7) Drain the nuts, cool and chop them.
8) Heat up olive oil in a skillet over moderate high glame.
9) Throw in garlic and onion. Stir fry until soft and tender.
10) Take the garlic out and set aside. Add parsley, salt and black pepper. Stir fry well.
11) Then add mushrooms and turn the flame down to low. Stir fry the mushrooms with the onion mixture for about 10 minutes. Turn off the flame.
12) In a new skillet, heat up butter over moderate high flame.
13) Add rice and stir fry until lightly toasted.
14) Pour in vegetable stock and wine. Mix well and coat the rice thoroughly. Cook until the rice are soft and tender.
15) Add the cooked mushroom mixture, roasted chopped nuts and the boiled chestnuts. Stir fry and heat through to serve!
A very different recipe from the normal risotto meals you come across. Risotto with Nuts Recipe is worth a try if you would like to have something unique from the risotto menu. This is tasty and versatile and can be served as a nice side dish or as a main course menu because it is very filling!