- Turkey Breast Halves3 Poundsbone-in
- Butter8 Tablespoons2 tbsp extra
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepperto taste
- Shallots2peeled and sliced
- Chicken Stock2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour2 Tablespoonsunbleached
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2) Pat dry the turkey pieces using paper towels.
3) Place the turkey pieces over a wire rack in a roasting pan. (Be sure to keep the breast side upwards).
4) Rub butter (4 tbsp) all over the turkey pieces and then add salt and pepper according to taste.
5) Place the shallots to the bottom of the roasting pan and cover them with the stock.
6) Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast them for about 60 minutes so that the juices are quite clear. Insert an instant read thermometer in the meat and make sure that the internal temperature is 165 F. (Do check the temperature once you have baked the meat for about 45 minutes so as to make sure that you don’t over bake the meat).
7) Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board and cover the board with an aluminum foil. Let the meat stand at room temperature while you go ahead to make the gravy.
8) Place a strainer over a pot and allow the pan drippings to pass through it.
9) Now place the pot over low heat and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
10) Place a couple of tablespoon of butter in a bowl and add flour in it.
11) Beat well using a fork and make the paste smooth and creamy.
12) Add the butter paste in the pot and then add salt and pepper according to taste. Cook the mixture until the sauce becomes thick.
13) Carve out the meat from the bone and put all the meat slices on the serving plate.
14) Serve the roasted turkey breast with gravy as a perfect meat main dish.
Turkey is probably the most popular meat after chicken, isn’t that true? So, what about trying some roasted turkey recipe? Roasted turkey is served with gravy and a cup of rice to give you a perfect dinner. Butter content is quite high in the recipe which not only makes it quite creamy but adds a perfect health punch too. The secret ingredient of this recipe is shallot (s), which gives it the whole new taste. You need to spend about 2 hours in the kitchen with some ingredients to come up with this perfect turkey main dish.