- Dark Brown Sugar1/4 Cups
- Paprika Powder3 Tablespoons
- Dry Mustard1 Tablespoons
- Sea SaltTo Taste
- Garlic Powder1.5 Teaspoons
- Onion Powder1.5 Teaspoons
- Coriander1/2 Teaspoons
- St Louis Pork Spareribs2 racksExtra Tender and membrane discarded
- Wood Chips for smoking
- Vegetable Oil
- Apple Juice3/4 Cups
Steps to make Rub for St Louis Ribs Recipe:
1) Take a bowl and mix together onion powder, garlic, salt, mustard, paprika powder, sugar and coriander in a bowl.
2) Coat the ribs with vegetable oil and then coat with the prepared rub. Leave aside for 1 hour.
3) Prepare a gas grill for indirect heat at upto 250 degrees F. If you have wooden chips, use them.
4) Set up a drip pan on the grill and place the ribs on it with the mat side down. Cook for 2 hours.
5) Take the ribs out and wrap in aluminium foil. Wrap with a double layer of foil in each case.
6) Now add the wrapped ribs to the same gas grill and cook for 2 hours time or until mega tender.
Note: Keep adding more coals during the grilling process to maintain the temperature of the grill.
If you haven't had ribs from St Louis, you arguably haven't tasted the worlds tastiest rib meals yet! This Rub for St Louis Ribs Recipe is a delicious full of flavor dry rub that goes great with grilled ribs. The taste is very sweet and savory. Makes for a super tender rib meal. Ribs served just like the ones in St Louis! Enjoy!