- SaltTo Taste
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Herbes de Provence2 Tablespoons
- White Sugar1 Teaspoons
- Mustard Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Red Vinegar1/2 Cups
- Olive Oil1 Cups
- Plum Tomatoes2Sliced
- Curly Endive2 CupsChopped
- Garlic2 ClovesMinced
- Romaine Lettuce1 headTorn
- Bacon1 CupsSmoked and Chopped
1) Heat up a skillet over high flame. Fry the bacon until evenly brown from all sides, this shouldnt take more than 12 minutes.
2) Set up the fried bacon on a plate layered with tissue paper.
3) Fill 1/3rd of a saucepan with water. Bring the water to a boil.
4) Add vinegar and reduce the flame to moderate.
5) Take a bowl and in it, crack and egg, but dont beat. Pour the egg on the boiling water vinegar mixture. Pour in a circular motion.
6) Repeat this with all the other eggs too. Note! The egg whites and yolks should be showing a solid and hard shape when being poured in the hot water! Should take about 2 minutes time.
7) In another plate with tissue paper, set up the cooked eggs. Cover the plate so that the eggs dont cool down.
8) Layer up serving plates with lettuce. Top with garlic and then with bacon, onion and tomatoes.
Salade Lyonnaise Recipe is one of the vintage salads from Lyon, where pork is an absolute specialty. The flavors are delicious and the salad is full of nutritional benefits. Simple, easy, healthy and very refreshing! Must try!