- Light brown sugar1/4 Cupspacked
- Dijon mustard2 Tablespoons
- Salmon fillets6 Ouncesboneless
- Saltto taste
- Black Pepperto taste
1) Preheat the oven broiler to high heat. Apply a generous coat of cooking spray over a broiler pan.
2) Place the oven rack in the oven in such a way that it is about 6 inches away from the heat source.
3) Apply salt and pepper over salmon fillets and place all the fillets on the broiler pan.
4) Place brown sugar in a small bowl and add Dijon mustard in it. Mix the ingredients well so that the mixture becomes smooth.
5) Transfer the mixture over the salmon fillets evenly.
6) Place the pan in the oven rack and then broil the fish for about 15 minutes. Make sure that the fillets can be easily flaked using a fork.
7) Serve salmon with brown sugar glaze with broccoli and rice.
Chefs are always looking for new ways to cook salmon as it is loved by fish lovers all over the world. Once I was on a trip to India where I was able to enjoy salmon in a number of different ways. I stayed there for about a fortnight and tried about 10 different salmon recipes; salmon with brown sugar glaze is one of them. The recipe is quite easy to execute as the ingredients are easily available and the preparation method is quite simple. Whenever I see some salmon fillets in the refrigerator, the first recipe idea that comes to my mind is cooking it with brown sugar glaze, as it can be prepared in just about 15 minutes. A combination of brown sugar and mustard give a perfect taste to this delicious fish. Serve the fish with plain rice.