- Sandalwood powder150 Grams
- Water5 Cups
- Cane sugar5 Cupsunrefined
1) Pour water in a large cup and add sandalwood powder in it. Stir the mixture well.
2) Allow it to soak for about 12 hours.
3) Line a strainer with muslin and allow the mixture to pass through the strainer.
4) Squeeze the muslin well with your hands so that maximum amount of liquid is filtered.
5) Add sugar to the filtered solution.
6) Continue to stir the mixture until the sugar gets dissolved.
7) Pour the mixture in a saucepan and bring it to heat.
8) Allow the mixture to simmer until it becomes sticky.
9) Pour the juice in a sterilized jar through a strainer.
10) Tight the jar with the lid immediately and allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
11) Refrigerate the sandalwood syrup.
12) Dissolve ¼ of the syrup in a cup of chilled water.
13) Add sugar and ice cubes according to your taste. Mix well.
14) Sandalwood sherbet is ready to serve.
Sandalwood syrup is a refreshing drink which will help you combat the blistering heat of summer. The aroma is great, the taste is superb. I added unrefined cane sugar in the recipe and it went great. However, you can alternate it with brown sugar or white sugar. Be sure that you always buy edible sandalwood powder, as all varieties of sandalwood powder are not edible. The syrup can last for a period of about 3 weeks. The juice has various benefits for human health. It reduces body heat and helps you get rid of heat rashes and boils.