- Mayonnaise1 1/4 Cups
- Dijon Mustard2 Teaspoons
- Ketchup2 Teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce1/4 Teaspoons
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Cayenne Pepper1 Pinch
- Dill1/3 Cups3 fresh sprigs extra
- Pasta shells12 Ounces
- Shrimp1 Poundscooked, peeled, and deveined
- Red Bell Pepper1/2 Cups
- Celery3/4 Cups
- Salt and Pepperto taste
- Paprika1 Pinch
1) Place one and a quarter cup of mayonnaise in a bowl and add salt and cayenne pepper in it; mix well.
2) Then add ketchup, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in the bowl and mix well.
3) Add one-third a cup of chopped dill and lemon juice in the bowl and mix well so that everything is well combined.
4) Place the bowl in a refrigerator and let it get chilled.
5) Pour lightly salted water in a pot and bring it over heat; let the water boil.
6) Then add pasta shells in the pot and cook for about 10 minutes so that the pasta is well cooked.
7) Drain the pasta and rinse it with cool water so that the pasta is a bit cooled; repeat the procedure; now transfer the drained pasta to a large bowl.
8) Mix shrimp with pasta and then add dressing, red bell pepper, and celery in the bowl. Mix well so that the shells are filled with the dressing.
9) Now cover the bowl with a plastic wrapping and place it in a refrigerator for about 3 hours so that the salad is well chilled.
10) Before serving, stir salad once again.
11) Add salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and lemon juice in the bowl and mix well. Do add a bit more mayonnaise if the salad is a bit dry.
12) Finally, garnish the salad with dill and paprika and serve the pasta shell salad.
Salads are great to have for any occasion, not only as a snack but also an appetizer. Whenever I want to have some perfect salad, I think of no salad but this one – goes great in summers. The great thing about this salad is quite easy to prepare; though it takes quite a time to get ready, as the recipe features refrigeration process, but the taste is certainly worth the time and effort invested.