- Rotini pasta16 Ounces
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Tasso1 Cups
- Garlic2 Tablespoons
- Onion3/4 Cups
- Green Bell Pepper1/2 Cupschopped
- Green Onions1/4 Cupschopped
- Celery1/4 Cupschopped
- Basil1 Tablespoons
- Thyme1 Tablespoons
- Cajun seasoning blend1 Tablespoons
- Hot Sauce1/4 Teaspoons
- Heavy Cream2 Cups
- Parmesan cheese1/2 Cupsgrated
- Crawfish tails1 Poundspeeled
- Parsley1/4 Cupschopped
1) Pour generously salted water in a pot and bring the pot over heat. Let the water come to a rolling boil.
2) Add rotini pasta in the pot and cook it for about 8 minutes so that the pasta is well cooked but is quite firm if bitten.
3) Transfer the pasta to a colander and then set the colander in a sink.
4) Pour olive oil in a large saucepan and bring it over medium heat.
5) Add tasso pasta in the saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes so that the pasta turns golden brown in color.
6) Then add celery, green pepper, garlic, and green onion in the saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes so that the onions turn translucent and become soft.
7) Now add hot sauce, basil, Cajun seasoning, and thyme in the saucepan and cook for about a minute.
8) Add cream in the saucepan and mix well; then let the mixture come to a boil over medium heat.
9) Reduce the heat to low and then add Parmesan cheese in the pan and mix well.
10) Cook for about 3 minutes and mix well so that the sauce becomes quite thick.
11) Add crawfish tails and shrimp in the saucepan and cook until well cooked.
12) Then add this mixture in the rotini pasta and mix well.
13) Spread some parsley over the pasta and serve shrimp and tasso pasta.
Shrimp and pasta recipes have a great thing that these recipes can be served at any time of the day. Shrimp and Tasso Pasta is a popular shrimp and pasta recipe that has been popular with my family and friends for a long time. You may add crawfish instead of the shrimp and get a completely different taste. Tasso pasta gives it the just perfect smoky flavor which makes it a perfect treat to the taste buds.