- Shrimp1 PoundsPeeled, Deveined
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Abodo Seasoning1 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
- Green Bell Pepper1/2Diced
- Red Bell Pepper1/2Diced
- Garlic3 ClovesChopped
- Tomato Paste1 Tablespoons
- Short Grain Rice1.5 Cups
- Bay Leaf1
- Water7 Cups
- Red PepperTo TasteCrushed
Steps to make Shrimp Asopao Recipe:
1) Coat the shrimp with salt, black pepper and abodo seasoning.
2) Heat up olive oil in a skillet over moderate high flame.
3) Add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion and tomato. Stir fry until the onion is soft and tender.
4) Add in the tomato paste and garlic. Add rice and stir thoroughly to coat well.
5) Stir in the water and add the bay leaf. Mix and bring the mixture to a boil.
6) Turn the flame down to moderate low and leave to cook for 20 minutes time.
7) Add the peas and shrimp. Toss to coat well.
8) Cook until the shrimp is pink. Serve hot!
This Shrimp Asopao Recipe is a purely delightful shrimp meal coming straight out of the cuban kitchens. The flavors have a delicious Latino touch to them. Very spicy and filling just like in the case of a beef stew! But this so so better and above all its seafood which means its the boss!