- Bean Sprouts8 Ounces
- Small Shrimp1 CupsPre Cooked
- Canned Mushrooms5 OuncesSliced
- Green Onions2Chopped
- SaltTo Taste
- Vegetable Oil3 Tablespoons
- Chicken Broth1.5 Cups
- Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- White PepperTo Taste
- Cornstarch2 Tablespoons
- Water for cornstarch2 Tablespoons
Steps to make Shrimp Egg Foo Yung Recipe:
1) Take a bowl and mix together eggs, shrimp, mushrooms, scallions and bean sprouts.
2) Season the bowl mixture with salt to taste. Mix readily throughout.
3) Heat a large skillet over super high flame.
4) Once the skillet is hot, add in the oil and maintain the flame to moderate high.
5) Add half of the bowl mixture to the skillet. The egg should be below the shrimp right now.
6) Once the egg gets just hard enough to turn, flip it so that the shrimp is covered by the egg and is now below it.
7) Fry until evenly brown. Should take about 3-5 minutes.
8) Repeat the same method with the remaining half of the bowl mixture.
9) Heat up a non stick skillet over moderate flame and mix in soy sauce, salt, white pepper and chicken broth.
10) Boil the broth mixture and mix in the cornstarch mixture. Stir well and heat through until creamy.
11) Top the cooked patties with the prepared cream mixture. Serve hot!
Amazing meal! This Shrimp Egg Foo Yung Recipe is a super classic taught to me by my grandmother! The original recipe turned out a wee bit too watery for me, so I modified it by including some cornstarch! Awesome patties that can be made in large amounts and reheated for use at any desired time! Enjoy!