- Linguine Pasta16 Ounces
- Butter4 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil1 1/2 Teaspoons1. 5 tbsp extra
- Red Bell Pepper1/2 Cupschopped
- Yellow Bell Pepper1/2 Cupschopped
- Garlic6 Clovesminced
- Shrimp48peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- Lemon Juice1 Teaspoons
- Clam Juice1/4 Teaspoons
- Heavy cream2 Tablespoons
- Red pepper flakes1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Parsley3 Tablespoons
- Sea Salt1 Teaspoons
1) Pour generously salted water in a large pot and bring the pot over high heat; let the water come to a boil.
2) Add linguine pasta in the pot and let the mixture come to a boil. Cook the pasta for about 10 to 11 minutes so that the pasta is quite well cooked, but is a bit firm upon bite.
3) Set aside a cup of pasta from the pot and transfer the remaining pasta to a colander; place the colander in a sink.
4) Add 2 tbsp of butter in a large skillet along with one and a half tablespoon of olive oil. Bring the skillet over medium heat and let the butter melt.
5) Add garlic, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper in the skillet and cook the veggies for about 10 minutes so that the red and yellow bell peppers turn quite soft.
6) Add shrimp in the skillet and cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes so that the shrimp turn pink in color.
7) Transfer the shrimp to a bowl but let the veggies stay in the skillet; set the shrimp aside.
8) Then add clam juice and lemon juice in the skillet and let the mixture come to a boil over medium heat.
9) Add another 2 tbsp of butter and one and a half tbsp of olive oil in the skillet and then put the shrimp back to the skillet.
10) Now add the pasta (set aside earlier) in the skillet along with sea salt, red pepper flakes, cream, and parsley.
11) Then add the cooked linguine pasta and mix it generously with the sauce and the shrimp present in the skillet. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes so that the pasta is able to absorb some of the sauce.
12) Serve the shrimp scampi linguine hot.
Shrimp scampi recipes are great for a delicious and quick dinner – shrimp scampi linguine is no exception. I tried the recipe last night and served my family with it – the taste was so great that they were left craving for more. Then I served my friends Paul and Jane with this dish and though they are not that generous to appreciate me, they appreciated my cooking skills. The great thing is that you can come up with this delicious dish in just about an hour.