- Linguine pasta16 Ounces
- Butter4 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil4 Tablespoons1 tsp extra too
- Garlic2 Cloves
- Red Pepper Flakes1 Pinch
- Shrimp1 Pounds
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper1 Pinch
- Parsley1/4 Cups
1) Pour generously salted water in a pot and bring the pot over heat; let the water come to a boil.
2) Add linguine pasta in the pot and cook it for about 8 minutes so that the pasta is well cooked. Transfer the cooked pasta to a bowl.
3) Add 2 tbsp each of butter and olive oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat; let the butter melt.
4) Then add garlic, red pepper flakes, and shallots in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes so that the shallots are well cooked.
5) Add kosher salt and black pepper over the shrimp according to taste and then transfer the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes so that the shrimp is well cooked.
6) Transfer the cooked shrimp to a hot pot so that it stays quite warm.
7) Add lemon juice in the skillet and let the mixture come to a boil; do scrape down the bits from the bottom of the skillet using a wooden spoon.
8) Then add 2 tbsp of butter in the skillet and then add another 2 tbsp of olive oil; mix well; let the mixture come to a boil.
9) Add linguine pasta, parsley, and shrimp in the butter mixture and mix well until the pasta is well coated with the mixture.
10) Then add salt and black pepper over the mixture according to taste; add a tablespoon of olive oil over the mixture and serve shrimp scampi with pasta as desired.
If you are one of those who love to combine two or more prime ingredients in a single recipe, then you must try this quick and easy recipe. Seafood is combined with linguine pasta in the recipe to give your taste buds a perfect treat. As I mentioned, I used linguine pasta in the recipe but you may give it a try with any of your favorite pasta choices. You can come up with this amazing combination of pasta and seafood in just about 40 minutes or so.