- Peanut Oil2 Cups
- Large Shrimp1 PoundsPeeled and Deveined
- Cornstarch1/4 Cups
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Ginger1/2 TeaspoonsChopped
- Cayenne Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- White Wine1 Tablespoons
- White Vinegar1 Tablespoons
- Ketchup1 Tablespoons
- White Sugar5 Teaspoons
- SaltTo Taste
- Water1/4 Cups
- Cornstarch2 Teaspoons
- Water2 Teaspoons
- Green Onions5Sliced
1) Heat up peanut oil in a skillet over high flame.
2) Coat the shrimp with cornstarch and then fry in the hot oil. Stir fry quickly until brown. This should not take more than a minute.
Note: Be careful not to burn the shrimp in the hot oil.
3) Discard all oil from the skillet, leaving behind 1 tablespoon only.
4) Add garlic, ginger and sprinkle cayenne pepper. Stir fry for half a minute.
5) Stir in ketcup, vinegar and wine. Season with salt, sugar and add 1/4 cup water.
6) Mix some cornstarch with water and pour in the skillet. Mix and heat through thoroughly.
7) Throw in the fried shrimp, followed by green onions. Toss and coat well with the mixture. Serve !
Some dishes are just from another planet, much like this Slippery Shrimp Recipe. Juicy and delicious shrimps coated in a stunning sauce to give you tasty sensations like never before. This is one of my all time favorite shrimp dishes, because it never fails to impress with its taste. This is a must cook on my list to cook meals when I have got guests coming over.