- Potatoes2 1/2 Pounds
- Chicken Broth1 Cups
- Cauliflower Head1
- Milk1/4 Cups
- Butter1/4 Cupssoftened
- Sour Cream1/4 Cups
- Black Pepper1 Tablespoonsto taste
- Garlic Powder1 Teaspoons
- Paprika1/4 Teaspoons
- Saltto taste
1) Peel off the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
2) Chop a large cauliflower head into fine pieces.
3) Place the potato cubes in a slow cooker and add chicken broth in it.
4) Place the cooker over low heat and cook for about 3 hours.
5) Add chopped cauliflower in the cooked and cook for another 3 hours over low heat.
6) Add milk, salt, and black pepper in the cooker and mix well.
7) Add garlic powder, butter, paprika and sour cream and then give it another mix.
8) Use a potato masher to mash the mixture up to the desired level of consistency.
9) Continue to cook the mixture for another 10 minutes.
10) Serve slow cooker mashed potatoes and cauliflower with bread.
We can find a lot of recipes that feature mashed potatoes but I was a bit embarrassed when I couldn’t find one where some delicious veggies are combined in a slow cooker dish. As always, my friend Paul came to rescue and he let me know this perfect slow cooker recipe. Milk, sour cream, and butter not only make it creamier but also make it quite a healthy option to enjoy. Do make sure that you use fresh veggies for the perfect taste. As it’s a slow cooker recipe so it takes quite a time to get ready; you need to be quite patient for enjoying it.