- Baking Soda1 Pinch
- Boiling Water2 Cups
- Tea bags6
- White Sugar3/4 Cups
- Water6 Cupscool
1) Add a pinch of baking soda in a glass pitcher (64-ounces). (Make sure that the pitcher is heat-proof).
2) Add boiling water in the pitcher and then add the tea bags.
3) Cover the pitcher with a lid and set it aside for about 15 minutes.
4) Remove tea bags from the pitcher and discard them.
5) Add sugar in the pitcher and mix well so that the sugar gets well dissolved.
6) Add cool water in the pitcher and place it in a refrigerator until the mixture becomes chilled.
7) Serve the chilled sweet tea as an afternoon beverage.
Whenever I feel hot in summers and want to opt for a drink that is light and refreshing, I always go for this delicious smooth tea. Adjust the amount of sugar according to taste or replace it with honey.