- Whole Cloves3
- Red Potatoes8Quartered
- All Purpose Flour1.5 Cups
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Chicken Pieces4 Pounds
1) Heat up oil in a large skillet over high flame.
2) Coat the chicken with salt and then ground black pepper, in both cases, to taste.
3) Then coat the seasoned chicken with flour, shaking off any excess.
4) Add the coated chicken to the hot oil and fry for about 15 minutes time, turning once.
5) Whilst the chicken is being fried, bring potatoes to a boil in boiling water. Drain and set aside once tender.
6) Once the chicken is done being fried, discard all oil from the skillet and throw in the boiled potatoes.
7) Add whole cloves and cover the skillet. Bring to a simmer. Serve when creamy!
This Smothered Chicken Recipe is fabulous and was one of my granny's absolute classics! Being a German, my granny was an outstanding cook and used to make us loads of stunning meals like this. The aroma is stunningly attractive and shall make your neighbors crave to get a taste of this amazing meal!