- Whole Chicken1Pieced
- Cayenne Pepper1/4 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour1 CupsDivided
- Yellow Onions3 CupsChopped
- Celery1 CupsChopped
- Garlic3 ClovesMinced
- Carrots2 CupsChopped
- Chicken Broth3 Cups
- Butter1/2 Cups
- Salt and Black PepperTo Taste
1) Heat up butter in a skillet and set the flame slightly higher than moderate.
2) Coat the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then with flour.
3) Make sure to coat both sides of the chicken well enough with flour, shaking off any excess. Fry in the hot skillet until both sides are brown.
4) Set the fried chicken on a plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the butter in which the chicken was fried.
5) Reduce the flame to low and add in celery, garlic, carrots and onions. Stir fry for about 5 minutes time.
6) Add the flour and stir well. Fry for another 5 minutes time.
7) Add the chicken broth, cayenne pepper and season with some salt and pepper. Mix well and boil the mixture on low flame.
8) Add the fried chicken back and coat well. Leave to cook for half an hour.
9) Once done, all the juice should be gone, and the chicken should be super tender. Serve!
Smothered chicken recipes are not the easiest or simplest and you wont get the best of them at any normal nearby restaurant. This Soul Smothered Chicken Recipe however is the best and goes incredibly well with white boiled rice. The tenderness of the chicken is amazing!