- Ground Turkey Sausage1 Pounds
- Water6 Cups
- Cheddar Cheese3 CupsShredded & Divided
- Uncooked Grits2 Cups
- Butter1/2 CupsDivided
- Milk1/2 Cups
- Salt & PepperAs Per Taste
1) Preheat the oven up to 175 Degrees C (350 Degrees F) and grease a baking dish lightly.
2) In a large saucepan boil water and stir in grits. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat until liquid absorbed. Mix in 2 cups cheese and butter until melted.
3) Cook ground turkey sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain it and mix into grits.
4) In bowl mix together milk and eggs, beat until smooth and pour into skillet. Scramble the mixture lightly and mix into the grits.
5) In prepared pan pour the grits mixture and dot with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle pepper and salt on top of the mixture.
6) Bake the mixture in preheated oven for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Southern Grits Casserole recipe is from South region and you will love it. Turkey sausage, grits, milk, eggs, cheese and butter make it great and excellent meal for dinner. Eat this grits recipe warm otherwise it won’t taste good at all.