- Beef1 Poundslean; ground
- Onion1/2 Cupsfinely chopped
- Green Bell Peppers1/4 Cupschopped
- Tomatoes14.5 Ouncescanned
- Water1 Cups
- Long Grain Rice3/4 Cupsuncooked
- Chili Sauce1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Brown Sugar1 Teaspoons
- Cumin1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Worcestershire Sauce1/2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper1 Pinchground
- Cheddar Cheese1/2 Cupsshredded
- Cilantro2 Tablespoonsfresh; chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 190 C.
2) Place ground beef in a large skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat.
3) Heat the beef until it turns brown in color.
4) Remove excess fat from the skillet and transfer the beef to a large pot.
5) Place the pot over medium heat and add onion, tomatoes, rice, green bell pepper, water, cumin, brown sugar, chili sauce, black pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
6) Allow the mixture to heat for about half an hour and do continue to stir it in between.
7) Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish (2-quart).
8) Spread Cheddar cheese over the mixture and place the dish in the preheated oven.
9) Bake for about 15 minutes so that the cheese gets melted.
10) Remove the dish from the oven, transfer the Spanish rice bake to the serving dish and garnish it with fresh cilantro leaves.
One of the most popular Spanish dishes, Spanish Rice Bake is a perfect combination of beef and veggies. Cheese gives it a whole unique taste while cilantro leaves add an appealing look to it. Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends and family.