- Chocolate Chips8 Ounces
- Heavy whipping cream1 Cups
1) Place heavy cream in a bowl and bring it over a stove top. Stir it occasionally.
2) As soon as it starts to simmer, remove it from heat.
3) Pour it over the chocolate chips. Swirl the bowl well to make sure that all chips are covered.
4) Cover the chocolate chips with a lid so that the heat can be trapped in the bowl.
5) Let it remain so for about 5 minutes.
6) Remove the lid and swirl it with a whisk from the center to the outward edges, until it becomes well smooth.
7) Once it becomes velvety, keep it at room temperature for about 15 minutes before you intend to pour it over the cake (without any lid covering). The more the ganache remains on room temperature, the thicker it becomes.
Applying the ganache:
1) Place a rimmed baking sheet over a wire rack.
2) Place the cake over the wire rack.
3) Pour the ganache on top and sides of the cake. Pour it according to your desire (Some like to have a thick layer of frosting, while others want a light one).
This chocolate ganache recipe came to my mind the time I was watching a cooking show. It is a rich, dark chocolate ganache. It is easy to make at home. Once you get the chance to prepare some dessert during weekends, don’t forget to give this ganache a try first of all. Wrap it in cream or frost brown sugar—whatever you like.