- Candied cherries8 Ounces
- Candied mixed citrus peel8 Ounces
- Raisins2 Cups
- Currants1 Cupsdried
- Dates1 Cupspitted and chopped
- Almonds2.25 Ouncesblanched slivered
- Brandy1/2 Cups
- All-purpose flour2 1/2 Cups
- Baking soda1/2 Teaspoons
- Cloves1/2 Teaspoonsground
- Allspice1 Teaspoonsground
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoonsground
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter1 Cups
- Brown Sugar2 Cupspacked
- Molasses3/4 Cups
- Apple juice3/4 Cups
3) Place cherries, raisins, dates, almonds, currants, and citrus peel in a medium-sized bowl and mix well so that the ingredients are well combined.
4) Add brandy to the bowl and mix well.
5) Allow it to stand for about 120 minutes (allowing to stand overnight is a better option).
6) Place soaked fruits with half a cup of flour and mix well.
7) Place baking soda, 2 cups of flour, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in a small bowl and mix the ingredients well. Set aside the bowl.
8) Place cream in a bowl and beat it well until it becomes creamy and light.
9) Add brown sugar and eggs to butter and blend well.
10) Add apple juice and molasses in a bowl and mix well.
11) Add the molasses mixture to the butter mixture, alternating it with flour mixture, making sure that you start and end with the flour mixture.
12) Add the flour and fruit mixture to the batter and mix well so that the ingredients are well combined.
13) Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
14) Bake it for about 180 to 210 minutes in the preheated oven. Check if a wooden pick poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
15) Remove the cake from the pan and remove the parchment paper.
16) Allow the cake to cool completely.
17) Wrap the cake in a wax paper loosely.
18) Store the cake in an air-tight container.
A rich and moist dessert, this cake is especially baked by many chefs at the occasion of Christmas. It will be a great idea to frost with almonds frosting, which will give it an even better taste.