- Biscotti8 Ounces
- Butter6 Ouncesunsalted; melted
- Fresh whole milk ricotta12 Ounces
- Cream Cheese16 Ouncesat room temperature
- Sugar3/4 Cups
- Clover honey1/4 Cups
- Orange Zest1 Tablespoons
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Use two layers of a heavy duty foil to wrap the outside portion of a springform pan (9-inch with a height of 2 ¾ inches).
3) Grind the biscotti in a food processor until it becomes fine.
4) Add melted butter to the ground biscotti.
5) Process the butter and biscotti mixture until the crumbs gets moistened.
6) Press the mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan, but not onto the sides of the pan.
7) Bake it in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Bake until the crust of the cake gets golden.
8) Transfer the crust to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
9) Blend the ricotta in a clean food processor until the ricotta becomes well smooth.
10) Add cream cheese and sugar to the mixture.
11) Blend the mixture well until it becomes smooth.
12) Scrape down the sides of the bowl while you stop the machine.
13) Add honey and orange zest to the mixture and beat the mixture well.
14) Add the eggs to the mixture and mix it until it becomes well blended.
15) Spread the cheese mixture over the crust.
16) Pour a substantial amount of water in the roasting pan.
17) Place the springform pan in the roasting pan. Make sure that roasting pan has such amount of water that half of the springform is submerged in the roasting pan.
18) Bake it for about 65 minutes, so that the crust of the cheesecake gets golden and the center of the cake moves a bit when the pan is lightly shaken (Once chilled, the cake will become firm).
19) Transfer the cake to a wire rack.
20) Allow the cake to cool for about 60 minutes.
21) Refrigerate the cake for about 8 hours (refrigerating for 48 hours is a much better option) until the cheesecake is chilled.
22) Cut the cake into wedges.
Serve it with tea!
This cake tastes too sweet because of having so much cheese and honey. The cake is served cool. I have prepared it at home many times. Once I served my friends with this dessert after the dinner, and trust me, they were happy to see the wonderful creation. This can be served with scoops of vanilla ice cream.