- Active dry yeast1 Teaspoons
- All purpose flour4 Cups
- Olive oil1/3 Cups
- Kosher Salt1 Teaspoons
- Black beans14 Ounces
- Taco seasoning1 Teaspoons
- Canola oil1/2 Cups
- Corn tortillas4
- Cheddar1 Cupsgrated; sharp
- Monterey Jack1 Cupsgrated; sharp
- Green leaf lettuce1sliced
- Tomatoes2ripe; diced
- Cilantro leaves1/2 Cupsfresh
- Sour cream1/4 Cups
- Hot sauce3 Tablespoons
- Salsafor serving; good quality
1) Place yeast and one and a half cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix it well and put it aside for about 10 minutes.
2) Place olive oil, flour, and salt in a bowl and beat it well using an electric mixer.
3) Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add the yeast mixture in it until the ingredients become well combined.
4) Use a towel to cover the bowl well.
5) Place it in a warm place.
6) Allow the dough to rise for about 120 minutes.
7) Place the black beans in a saucepan and add the taco seasoning. Heat the beans over medium heat.
8) Mash the beans using a tomato masher.
9) Continue to heat the beans mixture over medium heat, while you stir it occasionally, so that the beans are not runny anymore. Set aside the saucepan.
10) Pour some canola oil in a small skillet and place it over medium heat.
11) Add tortilla strips (in small batches) in the oil and fry them quickly.
12) Remove the tortilla strips after frying them for about 45 seconds (each batch). This will make the tortilla strips a lot crisp.
Line a plate with a paper towel and transfer the strips to a plate. Set the strips aside.
13) Take half of the pizza dough from the bowl and set aside the other half (in a refrigerator, placed in a plastic bag).
14) Spread the dough with your hands on the baking sheet (oiled earlier with olive oil).
15) Spread the refried pizza beans over the pizza crust.
16) Sprinkle the dough top with Monterey Jack and grated Cheddar.
17) Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake it for about 25 minutes. Make sure that the crust doesn’t burn.
18) Remove the pizza from the oven.
19) Sprinkle the top with shredded lettuce, cilantro leaves, and diced tomatoes.
20) Place hot sauce and sour cream in a small bowl. Make sure you add such a quantity of sauce which makes the mixture pourable.
21) Pour the mixture over the finished pizza using a spoon.
22) Sprinkle tortilla strips on top of it.
23) Cut the pizza into slices and serve it with salsa.
Taco pizza is a delicious pizza. Its toppings include fresh cilantro leaves, tomatoes, tortilla strips, and shredded lettuce . You can even add mushrooms and olives to give it nicer taste and better look. The pizza’s original recipe serves six persons. It is one of the most wonderful pizzas for those who are looking for homemade appetizers. Being fast and healthy, this pizza provides instant energy to your whole family.