- Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil1 Tablespoons
- Salt n PepperTo Taste
- Oregano1/4 Teaspoons
- Basil1/4 Teaspoons
- Paprika1/4 Teaspoons
- Cayenne Pepper1/8 Teaspoons
1) Set up your oven to the 220 degree Celsius mark.
2) Time to wash our chicken. Wash it under cold water and make sure it is clear of all fat, blood and impurities.
3) In a bowl, mix together cayenne pepper, paprika, basil, oregano, pepper and salt.
4) Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the chicken along with olive oil. Sprinkle well everywhere on the chicken.
5) Roast the chicken in your preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
6) After the 25 minutes mark, lower the intensity of the flame by 60 degrees and leave to roast for about half hour more. Serve after the chicken is allowed to rest for 15 minutes outside the oven.
Chicken Roasts are a must have in almost every cuisine in the world. They may have several different variations and versions as we go from central Asia to the likes of western Europe and Latin America. This Spicy Roast Chicken Recipe is a modified version of the original recipe which comes more spicy and flavorful, and which surprisingly is easier and quicker to make. There is no deep frying involved and hence the recipe is healthier than the deep fried roasts we find in restaurants. Enjoy topped with olive oil or one of your favorite pepper sauces!