- Chicken Broth4 Cups
- SaltTo Taste
- Quick Cooking Grits1 Cups
- Green Onions1 BunchChopped
- Green Bell Pepper1Sliced
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Monterey Jack Cheese1 CupsShredded
- Cheddar Cheese1 CupsShredded
- Canned Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies10 Ounces
- Black PepperTo Taste
- Small Shrimp1 PoundsPeeled and Deveined
1) Slightly grease up a baking dish flame the baking oven up to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
2) Season chicken broth with some salt and boil in a skillet over high flame.
3) Add the grits and turn the flame down to moderate. Cook for about 20 minutes time.
4) Heat up butter in another skillet over moderate flame. Fry green pepper, galic aad green onions.
5) Stir fry until the vegetables are soft, then add in the shrimp. Stir fry for 4 minutes.
6) Add to the first skillet, Cheddar Cheese, Jack Cheese, the prepared vegetable shrimp mixture.
7) Mix thoroughly and add canned tomatoes. Season with ground black pepepr. Mix and heat through for a couple minutes.
8) Transfer the mixture to the grease baking dish and top with Cheddar Cheese.
9) Bake for half an hour in the preheated oven. Serve hot!
Spicy Shrimp and Grits Recipe is an absolute family favorite at my place. My sister doesn't believe me when I tell her this is super simple to make. Amazing texture, amazing flavors, makes for a delicious meal for the whole family to munch on. My 7 old son had it and said it's the best creamy recipe he had ever had before!