- Penne Pasta4 Cups
- Olive Oil5 Teaspoons
- Garlic4 Cloves
- Tomatoes16 Ounces
- Shrimp1 Poundsuncooked
- Parsley1/4 Cupschopped
- Salt and Pepperto taste
- Red Pepper Flakes1 Pinch
- Parmesan Cheeseto taste
1) Pour generously salted water in a large pot and place the pot over high heat; let the water come to a rolling boil.
2) Add penne pasta in the pot and let the mixture come to another boil. Cook the pasta for about 11 minutes; do make sure that pasta is well cooked but is quite firm if bitten.
3) Set a colander in a sink and transfer the cooked penne pasta to the colander.
4) Pour olive oil in a skillet and bring the skillet over medium heat. Let the oil get hot.
5) Add garlic and onion in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes so that the onions become quite soft.
6) Then add tomatoes in the skillet and mix well. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes so that the mixture is well cooked.
7) Add shrimp and lemon juice in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes so that the shrimp pieces are pink from the center and are well cooked.
8) Now season the mixture with salt and pepper according to taste; then add red pepper flakes and parsley and mix well.
9) Transfer the cooked shrimp mixture over the penne pasta and serve the delicious and spicy shrimp and tomato scampi after spreading some grated Parmesan cheese over it.
Shrimp scampi recipes are great to have for any meal, be it lunch or dinner. The taste is so perfect that I am always left craving for more. The great thing is that you can come up with such an amazing seafood dish in just about half an hour.