- Spinach250 Grams
- Green Chili1
- Ginger21/2 inch
- Garlic2 Cloves
- Mushrooms250 Grams
- Turmeric Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Water3/4 Cups
- Oil2 Tablespoons
- Cream3 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Cumin Seeds1/2 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon11/2 - inch
- Green Cardamoms2
- Bay Leaf1
- Black Cardamom1
1) Rinse the spinach leaves in running water and chop them roughly. Set aside the spinach leaves.
2) Pour 3 cups of water in a pan and allow it to boil.
3) Add quarter a teaspoon of salt in the water and mix well.
4) Then add spinach leaves in the hot water.
5) Cover the pan with a lid and allow the spinach leaves be in the water for about 3 minutes.
6) Strain the vegetable leaves and place them in cold water. Let them stay in the water for about a minute.
7) Now transfer the spinach leaves in a blender and add a ginger, 2 garlic, and a green chili in it.
8) Blend the ingredients on high speed so that you end up with a smooth puree. Set aside the puree.
9) Pour 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and add half a teaspoon cumin seeds, a cinnamon, 4 cloves, an Indian bay leaf, a black cardamom, and a couple of green cardamoms.
10) Saute the spices for about 10 seconds so that they release aroma.
11) Add half a cup of chopped onion in the wok and saute them until they turn golden in color.
12) Add 1 teaspoon each of chopped garlic and ginger and saute until the aroma is no more there.
13) Now add half a cup of chopped tomatoes in it and saute for about 3 minutes on low heat so that they are quite soft and release oil from the sides.
14) Add chopped mushrooms (2 cups) in the wok and mix well again. Saute until the mushrooms turn golden in color.
15) Add quarter a teaspoon of turmeric powder along with half a teaspoon of red chili powder.
16) Mix well again so that the spices get well mixed in the mushrooms.
17) Add spinach puree in the wok and mix well again.
18) Now add ¾ cup of water and then sprinkle salt over it.
19) Stir well and allow the mixture to boil for about 7 minutes on low heat.
20) Add 3 tbsp of fresh cream in the wok.
21) Stir the gravy well so that the cream gets well mixed.
22) Turn off the heat and adjust the spices accordingly.
23) Serve the mushroom curry with plain rice, vegetable rice, or bread.
Spinach and mushroom are cooked in delicious gravy in this recipe with a number of popular spices. For all the veggies, this curry is simply a gift. The recipe is quite easy to make and the curry gets ready in just about 45 minutes.