- Strawberry250 Grams
- Sugar1 1/4 Cups
- Lemon Juice1 Tablespoons
1) Rinse the strawberries with clean water and remove the green leafy part.
2) Chop the strawberries into fine pieces.
3) Place the strawberries in a pan along with sugar and lemon juice.
4) Mix well and bring the saucepan over medium heat and allow the strawberries to cook.
5) Continue to stir well so that the strawberries become soft.
6) Reduce the heat to low and cook well so that the mixture starts shrinking.
7) Take out a tablespoon of jam on a plate and allow it to cool. In case, it sets well and no water is seen coming out of it, the jam is well cooked.
8) Use a kitchen towel to cover the pan and allow the jam to cool.
9) Transfer the jam to a clean bottle and refrigerate and serve as and when required.
Homemade strawberry jam is a delicious fruit jam which can easily be prepared at home with a couple of simple ingredients. You can spread it on a bread slice and enjoy it in your breakfast or as a quick lunch. Lemon juice gives the jam a tangy touch but you can skip it if you want it to be sweet. You also need to adjust the amount of sugar according to taste, and you may skip it altogether if the strawberries are already too sweet. You can store the jam refrigerated for about 60 days. Top your cakes with this delicious fruit jam or include it in dessert like fruit trifles.