- Strawberries1 Pintsfresh
- White Sugar1/3 Cups
- Vanilla1 Teaspoons
1) Wash all the strawberries with fresh water and remove the green leafy party.
2) Cut the strawberries into small pieces roughly.
3) Place all the strawberry pieces in a saucepan and add vanilla extract and sugar in it.
4) Place the saucepan over medium heat and do stir the mixture in between.
5) Mash the strawberries with wooden spoon so that it becomes in the form of syrup.
6) Cook the mixture for about 15 minutes so that the sauce becomes quite thick.
7) Remove the pan from heat.
8) Take about one-third of the sauce from the pan and place it in a blender.
9) Puree the mixture so that it becomes fine.
10) Add the mixture back to the sauce and mix well again.
11) Serve different desserts such as cakes and ice creams, topped with this delicious strawberry topping.
12) Store the topping in a refrigerator.
I first enjoyed this delicious strawberry topping when I visited New York for a seminar. I ordered for vanilla ice cream and asked the server to top it with strawberry topping. The taste was so amazing that I then prepared the topping at my home and top all the desserts with it. It adds so much of taste to the desserts that sometimes I even forget the taste of the main dessert and enjoy the topping instead. The great thing is that it doesn’t take too long to get ready and you just require 3 ingredients to make it ready.