- Turkey Legs4
- Olive Oil1 Cups
- Green Bell Peppers2
- White Onion1
- Salt and PepperTo Taste
- Oregano1 Teaspoons
- White Vinegar2 Tablespoons
- Teriyaki Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Bacon Slices5
1) Using a thick pin, make vertical pockets in each turkey leg.
2) Take a bowl and whisk together oregano, vinegar, teriyaki, ground black pepper, salt and olive oil.
3) Dip the turkey legs in the prepared mixture.
4) Slice up the onions, bacon and green bell pepper to almost the size of the pockets that you cut in the legs.
5) Fill the pockets with the cut green pepper, onion and bacon.
6) Heat up a skillet over moderate flame and fry the stuffed legs on it until brown.
7) Turn the flame down to low and cook the legs for 45 more minutes. Keep a close eye during the cooking process. If the liquids become too dry, add water.
If you're a leg lover and are tired of stuffed breasts, try these Stuffed Turkey Legs Recipe . A vintage stuffed turkey dish from Puerto Rico that is sure to leave you craving for more. One of my parents' favorite. They absolutely love this when I make this for Thanksgiving!