- All Purpose Flour2 3/4 Cups
- Baking Soda1 Teaspoons
- Salt1/2 Teaspoons
- Margarine1 1/4 Cups
- White Sugar2 Cups1/4 cup for decoration
- Vanilla Extract2 Teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F.
2) Place flour in a bowl and add salt and baking soda in it. Sift the ingredients well and set it aside.
3) Place margarine in another bowl and add sugar in it. Mix the ingredients well so that the sugar is well incorporated and the mixture is light and creamy.
4) Add eggs, one after the other, and beat well.
5) Then add vanilla extract and mix well again.
6) Add the flour mixture in the bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well mixed.
7) Roll the dough in such a way that you end up with walnut-sized cookies.
8) Roll the biscuits in sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9) Place the sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes so that they turn brown in color from the edges.
10) Let the cookies remain on the sheet for about 5 minutes.
11) Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool.
12) Serve the sugar cookies with a cup of tea.
Sugar Cookies have one special feature – they are crispy from the crust and chewy from the core. These cookies are great to have with a cup of tea and you can make them in less than half an hour. You may even add almond extract in the batter to give it a whole new touch.