- Sweet Potatoes2 of 8 ounce each
- Garlic1 ClovesChopped
- SaltTo Taste
- Nutmeg1/2 Teaspoons
- All Purpose Flour2 Cups
1) Flame the baking oven up to the 180 degree Celsius mark.
2) Set up the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for half hour in the preheated oven. Set aside once done.
3) Place the baked potatoes in a bowl. Peel them and mash them.
4) Add nutmeg and egg to the bowl. Sprinkle salt and add garlic. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
5) Add the flour, bit by bit, mixing well until all the flour has been added.
6) Roll out and shape the prepared mixture into length wise shapes.
7) Boil the prepared gnocchi in boiling water until floating on the surface of the water.
8) Serve topped with melted butter.
My brother is a massive potato lover and this Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe is a stunning spin off to the original Gnocchi. Use Alfredo sauce or butter and boost up this amazing dish. Anything you would add to these delicious sweet potatoes would rock, so dont be afraid of messing around with a few additions. You may also use butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes.